Dental Scan Technician
an integral part of the team, this role will be responsible for the scanning of GuardLab clients
GuardLab, Inc. is a revolutionary custom mouthguard company headquartered in New York City with a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility on Long Island, New York. GuardLab is a custom mouthguard company using 3D scanning and 3D printing technologies, engineered with a proprietary Alignment Repositioning Cushion (ARC™). The neuromuscular mouthguards are designed to reduce the risk of injury from impact and enhance athletic performance through improved body alignment and increased airflow. Pioneered with two world-class dentists, GuardLab optimizes the bite of the individual athlete and captures the information digitally to create a bespoke neuromuscular mouthguard at a cost, quality and speed that truly disrupts the industry.
Do you love traveling? Love sports? Want to be part of our Events team and use your dentistry skills in a new way? Are you looking for fun extra work outside of your 9-5? Ready to learn a hot new skill in digital dentistry? If YES, then please read about our newest vacancy!
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Dental Hygienist to be our Scanning Specialist and represent GuardLab as a brand ambassador at our special events, called Scan Days. The position will handle all in-house scanning of VIP clients and will attend our global events which include: conferences, trade shows, athletic tournaments, on-campus at universities or on-site at training facilities, gyms, etc., and will provide client facing operations with athletes ranging from high school students to elite professionals such as UFC, MLB, NFL and others.
This is an Events-based role with no set hours. This position is for Scan Days on the West Coast (we are open to candidates living in or around LA). Frequent travel will be required within California and nearby states i.e.Las Vegas, New Mexico, etc. Events are usually 4 hour shifts in the day, evening or weekends.
Please send a short cover letter indicating your availability to work/travel. We thank all applicants for applying but only those who meet our job requirements will be contacted. Thank you.
- To support our mobile event team and scan accurate digital impressions of athletes for their custom GuardLab mouthguards
- To develop best practices that enhance customer experience
- To maintain responsibility for equipment
- Scan arches for taking digital impressions (hands-on experience with 3Shape Trios or similar intra-oral cameras is highly preferred)
- Taking bite registrations
- Maintaining sterilization protocols and guidelines
- Maintaining dental records and inventory control
- To handle customers and attend events as a representative of GuardLab, acting as a Dental Scanning Specialist and GuardLab brand ambassador
- To show up at events fully prepared with all necessary equipment and supplies
- To perform dental scans for clients using a mobile scanning device
- To handle Point of Sale (POS) transactions and manage payment and patient records
- To participate in meetings, calls, or email correspondence with GuardLab staff to manage schedules and review important event details
- To comply with GuardLab training and safety protocols
- To educate and provide product information to customers
- To keep GuardLab informed at all times of any issues related to Scan Days and customer service issues
- To manage the safety and security of GuardLab equipment and customer information collected from Scan Days
- To assist with event set-up and tear down
- To assist with training of other dental staff and developing best practices as we grow
- Dental Assistance college program completion
- Minimum of 1 years of working experience as Dental Hygienist
- CDA certification or RDH certification is highly preferred
- Must adhere to the strict aseptic guidelines outlined by OSHA, the CDC, and NYS dentistry regulations
- Knowledge of 3Shape Trios or iTero scanners is highly preferred; PlanMeca, 3M, Sirona Cerec intra-oral scanners are also preferred
- Able to work remotely while using mobile scanning dental equipment
- Can work independently to troubleshoot issues in a calm and timely manner
- Superb customer service ethics and a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Extremely flexible and organized
- Exercises good judgement in managing appointments
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Works well in a team with excellent communication skills
- Polished look
- Some heavy lifting may be required (up to 40lbs)
- Flexible to work on-short notice or work extra hours, if needed
- Frequent travel required to various event sites, including some overnight travel
- Business travel may include national and international cities
- Valid Passport preferred, valid Drivers’ License a must and personal vehicle is preferred
- Understands that events will require day, evening and weekend hours
Great opportunity to earn extra income and a unique opportunity be a part of a growing sports brand!
Freelance/part time is available with opportunities to grow into full time if desired.