an integral part of the team, this role will be responsible for the scanning of GuardLab clients
GuardLab, Inc. is a revolutionary custom mouthguard company headquartered in New York City with a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility on Long Island, New York. GuardLab is a custom mouthguard company using 3D scanning and 3D printing technologies, engineered with a proprietary Alignment Repositioning Cushion (ARC™). The neuromuscular mouthguards are designed to reduce the risk of injury from impact and enhance athletic performance through improved body alignment and increased airflow. Pioneered with two world-class dentists, GuardLab optimizes the bite of the individual athlete and captures the information digitally to create a bespoke neuromuscular mouthguard at a cost, quality and speed that truly disrupts the industry.
We make the best custom mouthguards on the planet and we are on a mission to let athletes, everywhere, learn about GuardLab. We are looking for an in-house Graphic Designer to join our team and manage all aspects of our graphic design work.
The ideal candidate will possess meticulous design work to assist in the production of all mouthguards, as well as a keen eye for creating branded marketing materials and digital and design assets. You have excellent communication, writing, and design skills to work effectively, creatively, and accurately within deadlines. You strive to provide the best in customer/client satisfaction and you always are a consummate professional.
// Key Functions
- Responsible for the production of a full suite of marketing materials from pitch decks, brochures, social media, website banners, new packaging, exhibition and event floor plans
- Solely responsible for preparing all mouthguard designs and providing quality review prior to manufacturing
- Handles multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with strict attention to prioritization
- Prepares design drafts for approval after working to ensure all job briefs are accurate and attainable within budget; seeks clarification when limited information is provided
- Strict attention to detail with excellent copy-writing and editing skills
- Works with various graphic design software
- Liases with outside suppliers as well as internal departments like operations, marketing, dental and lab staff to ensure all project outcomes are met
- Maintains open communication and is able convey ideas clearly
- Thinks creatively to design concepts, graphics and layouts, yet understands GuardLab’s brand aestetic and maintains brand integrity
- Demonstrates product knowledge and is able to convey information succinctly
// Core Competencies
- Flexible: Willing to work under tight and often competing deadlines; willing to do whatever is needed to finish a project; willing to learn new things.
- Organization: Can manage multiple projects at once; maintains good organization of design inventory.
- Research: Stays up to date on latest design software and marketing trends in the sports marketing and other applicable industries.
- Design Background: Strong attention to detail; able to quickly grasp conceptual ideas and storyboard them; versatile; strong brand awareness.
- Communication and Presentation Skills: Communicates well in a team environment; values collaboration; sense of humor, professional customer service skills.
In addition to possessing the necessary experience and skill set to achieve the tasks established above, the Graphic Designer must meet the following requirements:
- Degree in a related field or relevant job experience
- Well versed in Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe and InDesign; additional software a plus
- Please send portfolio samples or links to work
- Must be self-motivated and passionate about design work
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge or previous experience in consumer packaging, consumer sales, sports, sports technology, or health and wellness is a plus
•Can work independently to troubleshoot issues in a calm and timely manner
•Superb customer service ethics and a positive, enthusiastic attitude
•Extremely flexible and organized
•Exercises good judgement
•Works well in a team with excellent communication skills
•Some heavy lifting may be required (up to 40lbs)
•Flexible to work on-short notice or work extra hours, if needed
- We are accepting full-time applicants
- Entry level; New graduates welcome to apply
- Unique opportunity be a part of a growing sports brand!